Mouse and Keyboard not working after Win10 Creator Edition update (ticket 16814)

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
risto

Mouse and Keyboard not working after Win10 Creator Edition update (ticket 16814)

Post by risto »

Hello Folks,

I have updated my Windows 10 System (Host) to the new Creators Edition. Now my mouse and keyboard does not work anymore in my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS VMs. Have somebody the same problems? Before the update all works fine. Can not wait that Microsoft will fix that. I am sure this will take a while. I have tried to reinstall VirtualBox many times. Also I tried the downgrade VirtualBox to an older version. Nothing has helped so far. Google Search for the problem is not a friend of mine.

Hope someone have a solution for that.

Have a nice day Folks

Edit: I have yesterday opened a Ticket #16814.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Mouse and Keyboard not working after Win10 Creator Edition update (ticket 16814)

Post by socratis »

In case you did not get notified in the ticket, I pointed a couple of things:
A Win10 update is really an invasive operation, it's not a simple update. You should always reinstall applications like VirtualBox after a Win10 update, or any other application that uses kernel drivers. It's the safest option.
  • 5.0.40 is quite old for Win10. Upgrade to the latest of the 5.1.x series.
  • Always shut down the VM before grabbing the log. And then ZIP it.
  • You have a USB filter installed that captures your Logitech Unifying Receiver? From the log:
    • VUSB: Attached '00000000040bd720[proxy 046d:c52b]' to port 2
Please read the following: USB basics and troubleshooting, #8: Asking for help.

In case you did get notified in the ticket, thanks for including the ticket #.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Mouse and Keyboard not working after Win10 Creator Edition update (ticket 16814)

Post by mpack »

I should say that noobs opening bug tickets to report non bugs probably won't earn any brownie points with the devs.