[Solved] Full screen mode

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
Naggy

[Solved] Full screen mode

Post by Naggy »

Hi

I have installed Oracle Linux 7 on MAC via VM, and after successful installation, i am unable to view in full screen by default. Could some please help me ?

regards
Naggy
Last edited by socratis on 1. Jun 2017, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Full screen mode

Post by socratis »

You posted on the "OSX Guests" forum. Is OSX your host or your guest? Please post the versions, the complete versions of:
1) Host
2) Guest
3) VirtualBox
Not simply Linux, OSX, current. Complete details, builds, versions and revisions please...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Naggy

Post by Naggy »

MAC OS is my Host, may be i am in the wrong forum then.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Yes, I'm moving this to "Linux Guests" from "OSX Guests". But we still need that information I talked about. No info, no solution.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Naggy

Full screen mode

Post by Naggy »

I have installed Oracle Linux 7 on MAC via VM, and after successful installation, i am unable to view in full screen by default. Could some please help me ?

Host : mac OS Sierra
Guest : Linux Oracle Server 7.3
Installed on Virtual Box - 5.1.22
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Did you install the guest additions? Does the guest have a GUI, or is it command line only?
Naggy

Post by Naggy »

The Guest has GUI, can you help me with installing Guest additions ?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Sure thing. User Manual, ch. 4.2.2. Guest Additions for Linux.
Naggy

Post by Naggy »

Thank you so much, it worked.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Cool.
I'll mark the thread as [Solved].