RDP + KRDC share media

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
yug
Primary OS: Fedora other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: fedora

RDP + KRDC share media

Post by yug »

I have Centos7 VM with remote desktop enabled running on Windows 10 host.
I can access both the host , Windows 10, machine and the guest, Centos7 VM, via RDP. I'm using KRDC to connect.
KRDC share media shows up as a network share on the Windows remote desktop but in the VirtualBox desktop I am unable to locate the share.
Does the VirtualBox - remote desktop server support share media?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: RDP + KRDC share media

Post by socratis »

What is "share media" and why would an RDP server support it? I'm not familiar with the concept and a quick search doesn't reveal anything enlightening.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
yug
Primary OS: Fedora other
Guest OSses: fedora

Re: RDP + KRDC share media

Post by yug »

Sorry, I assumed that the remote usb over RDP uses smb or nfs and that it would be configurable somehow using KRDC's "media share" that allows sharing with remote host.
Running the vbox vrdp client with remote usb kills everything on my Fedora 25 KDE desktop that I'm using to access the remote VM.
I'll just set up samba on the remote VM - I just thought it would be convenient if sharing worked with RDP client.