[Solved] Fedora 25 guest not boot with Linux kernel 4.10.*

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: [Solved] Fedora 25 guest not boot with Linux kernel 4.10.*

Post by socratis »

joelthelion wrote:Could you set the topic as solved, and perhaps include the solution in your original post?
Done. Thanks for the idea.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

Just curious as to why so many users found the need to change the default setting anyway. Was this an upgrade install from a previous guest that had the legacy setting enabled?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Mine was. Which means it's about time I start putting together a topic I've been avoiding for a long time:
  • Changes to the template defaults over time.
or something like that...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

socratis wrote:it's about time I start putting together a topic I've been avoiding for a long time
Replying to myself here, but I opened a new thread in the "Developers corner" sub-forum, Template defaults (Global.cpp revisions). I put it in the Developers corner because I don't think it would be interesting to the majority of the users. However, if anyone is interested, let me know.

Unfortunately Perryg, it does not cover the paravirtualization defaults, because there aren't any. In that area of the code at least...