Authentication Error only when in full screen

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
BikerSco

Authentication Error only when in full screen

Post by BikerSco »

Hi Guys,

So I have a strange issue. I have an install of CentOS 7 running on VirtualBox (V 5.1.18) on my mac (OS X El Capitan). When I open the virtual machine in full screen mode I get a window which asks for a username and password but I am unable to click in the box to type anything in. The only way to get rid of this window is to come out of full screen mode and it disappears, I then go back in to full screen mode and I get the CentOS 7 login window with text already entered in to the password field as if I had been typing in it while trying to type in to the authentication required window which wouldn't disapeer. Once it's gone I can use CentOS 7 fine with no further issues.

Here is a screen shot of the window which appears. So this is only there for as long as I have the virtual machine open in full screen mode, as soon as I change to window mode it disappears.

<removed screenshot> as it won't let me post it as i'm a new member of the forum.

Cheating I know :

http://i.imgur.com/gyHylfn.png
Last edited by Perryg on 27. Mar 2017, 02:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: repiar link for new user
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Authentication Error only when in full screen

Post by socratis »

Usually you would attach the picture here, since not a lot of people will go to a 3rd party site. But you shouldn't really post a 2673x1656, mostly black, 150 KB picture, when the message is just a short:
Authentication Required

Authentication is required to set the network
proxy used for downloading software

Password: ______________

Cancel      Authenticate
Now, are you sure you're starting the VM in full-screen and not resuming the VM? Or restoring it? Because this doesn't look like a startup screen login type or a password dialog. It looks to me like the "updater" is trying to check the network for any updates.

Moving to "Linux Guests" from "OSX Hosts".
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: Authentication Error only when in full screen

Post by Perryg »

This is a CentOS 7 error and you need to fix it within the guest. Something in the network configuration is incorrect.