Linux server setup with static IP and internet connection

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
sarancse

Linux server setup with static IP and internet connection

Post by sarancse »

Hi VB users,
I have virtual box installed on Windows 10 host for multiple Linux (CentOS 7) guests. When I use the network adopters like NAT and Bridged adopters I am able to SSH Guest Linux from Windows Host on port 22. However the guest IP is keep on changing for the every restart of the Guest OS. To avoid I tried to setup Static IP address on Guest OS. In this scenario I failed to connect guest OS from Host and also lost Internet connection in Guest OS.
Kindly I request you share the steps to have unchanged static IP for the Guest Linux with full internet access from Host OS. The requirement is to have multiple guest Linux with different static IP addresses and internet access to perform Middleware research and development. Looking for your support on this requirement. If there is any thread on this title, please share me and forgive me to open this new thread.

Regards
Saravanan
sarancse

Re: Linux server setup with static IP and internet connection

Post by sarancse »

Finally I have created Virtual machines on Windows box with static IP and Full internet access. If you need any help on this topic please do let me know.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Linux server setup with static IP and internet connection

Post by socratis »

You could always volunteer the information/solution... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.