No internet on Android X86 and Remix OS

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
ajud

No internet on Android X86 and Remix OS

Post by ajud »

Hello everyone. I just downloaded a Remix OS and Android 7.0 VDI images. Everything works, except for internet connectivity. All the time, in android x86 When I press the icon to enable Wifi it does nothing. I don't use internet because I don't have these routers with ethernet cables. I use WIFI. All the time nothing works. I tried NAT, Bridged Network, Host Only network, and nothing worked. How do I access internet on these things?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: No internet on Android X86 and Remix OS

Post by socratis »

Where did you download them from? Full details please. Also, is this related to your previous problem?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=80572
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
ajud

Post by ajud »

First:I downloaded it from OSBoxes, and second: No, it isn't
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

In case you missed it:
socratis wrote:Full details please.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
ajud

Post by ajud »

I go to the Virtual Machine, I click on the Wifi icon, a thing pops up, tells me that there are no Wifi networks available, but Wifi is turned off, I turn on, and it just searches for infinite amounts of time. I tried out NAT, Bridged Network, Host Only network types but no luck. If it's not enough please tell me exactly what you need to know
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

That helps too. The "full details" was referring to the question: Where did you download them from?
And I mean version, links or whatever else will help me download it as well.
ajud

Post by ajud »

I would provide full instructions on how to get it, but I am not a member for 1 day, so search on google for "OS boxes remix OS" the press download button on 64bit version download
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

http://www.osboxes.org/remix-os/
Version: Remix OS 3.0.101
VirtualBox (VDI) 64bit
Size: 911 MB
MD5: 9DEFDC29B0611CCEF1C020368090BAA4

Is that the one we're talking about? I don't want to be downloading the wrong one...
ajud

Post by ajud »

yup, that's the right one
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

OK, finally I did it. I created a VM: Linux 2.6/3/x/4.x 64-bit, defaults everything else, use existing VDI, launched it, and I launched Chrome, which connected with no problems.

Ignore the WiFi. There is no WiFi in VirtualBox. As long as you use NAT, you should be connected. Go to Remix, Settings, Ethernet. Your address should be 10.0.2.15.
Ninad

Post by Ninad »

Hi socratis,

Just wanted to thank you! :-)

I too got exactly the same problem. Except that I installed the os using the install iso downloaded from sourceforge. I did exactly as you said and the os connected straightaway with the same ip as you mentioned.

-Ninad
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

You're more than welcome! ;)