VirtualBox 5.0.4 Not Starting up VM

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
ats

VirtualBox 5.0.4 Not Starting up VM

Post by ats »

I am having issues starting up my VM on VirtualBox 5.0.4. I keep getting "bug soft lockup - cpu#0 stuck for 67s" and it has to do with the kernel (Please see attached). How can I resolve this please ? Thanks

ATS
Last edited by mpack on 18. Sep 2015, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Delete attachment
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: VirtualBox 5.0.4 Not Starting up VM

Post by mpack »

I deleted the humungous attachment that was added to your post, since it contained nothing useful (a couple of JPEG photographs).

Also, your topic title seems to be incorrect. The VM seems to have started up just fine, it is the guest OS which has trouble booting, which is a different kettle of fish entirely.

Post a VM log file. With the VM fully shut down, right click it VM in the GUI, save "VBox.log" (ONLY) to a zip, and attach the zip to a message here.
ats

Post by ats »

I have attached the VBox log. Thanks
Attachments
VBoxlog.txt
(105.91 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
ats

Post by ats »

Here is a copy of the VBoxStartup log as well
Attachments
VBoxStartup.zip
(20.41 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

I don't need the VBoxStartup.log file - I already told you that your VM is not having trouble starting up. Instead you have a guest OS boot problem. That's like confusing your host PC failing to power on with your host OS BSODing on startup. Those are two very different error modes.

As to your issue, it looks like a kernel problem with the guest OS, but I'm not qualified to offer Red Hat support. I'll move you to "Linux Guests" where you'll have a better chance of finding someone with expertise on that subject.