Internet not working in Kali Linux

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
Vaibhav

Internet not working in Kali Linux

Post by Vaibhav »

I have Windows 7 SP1 and am using Oracle Virtual Box version 4.3.28 .

This is what i have set and then i clicked ok.
Then i go to setting of Kali Linux and go to network , i set the network type to Host Only and select name to be Virtual Box Ethernet Adaptor .
Then i boot up the KALI Linux and go to Network Connections icon on the top right -> select VPN Connections -> Configure VPN Then i go to Wired tab i select Wired Connectons 1 -> Select Edit ->Go to IPV4 settings ,Select method as manual ->then enter the configuration

This is same as VM adapter settings then i select save then close the network connections setting dialog box

But when i open the Browser and try to use the internet it is not working nor is the site 192.168.1.1 or the Router Settings is working i see page not found .

Plz help
Even if i try and make the method as Automatic instead of Manual i still don't have a working Internet
Plz Help
Last edited by Vaibhav on 27. Jun 2015, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: Internet not working in Kali Linux

Post by Perryg »

Don't use host-only.

Note the name Host-only
Vaibhav

Post by Vaibhav »

What Should i use then NAT doesn't work , nor is Bridge Connections working . What should i do then ?
Host Only works fine for Backtrack , but for Kali Linux same settings it isn't working
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

Host only sets up a communications channel between the host and the guest only. No Internet or any other LAN devices are available.
You say NAT does not work, but that is the only thing that should in all cases work for the Internet. What this all boils down to is what exactly are you wanting the guest to be able to do and how familiar are you with networking in general.
Vaibhav

Post by Vaibhav »

Thanks Prblm Fixed
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Explain.