Internet Connection issue on mac os x

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: Internet Connection issue on mac os x

Post by Perryg »

Leave the guest set to NAT, and delete /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules then reboot. Do nothing else and tell us if that fixes this and if not post the contents of /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
luks
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Oracle Linux

Post by luks »

no it did not fix the prob here is the content of the eth0 file

cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
HWADDR=08:00:27:3a:fb:1d
USERCTL=no
PEERDNS=yes
IPV6INIT=no
Perryg
Site Moderator

Post by Perryg »

Do you have any other guest and does it work?
socratis
Site Moderator
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Yes, he does. An Ubuntu one...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
luks

Post by luks »

yes i have ubuntu and it internet work in that.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-03-04 at 5.19.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-04 at 5.19.59 PM.png (67.33 KiB) Viewed 1984 times
Perryg
Site Moderator

Post by Perryg »

Yes I see it now. Moving to Linux as guest.

At this point there is little that anyone can tell you remotely. Since you have been changing settings, configurations, Etc. I would do my best to revert all of the changes and that includes the port forwarding and other settings you changed in the VBox network settings ( leave it as default ) until you can get Internet access in the guest. Then add your special settings one at a time to make sure they work and do not cause an issue.
luks

Post by luks »

Thanks but i have not add any setting ( port forwarding or any other i kept those default )
Although when internet was not working i tried using various options like for network adaptor that is it. Other than that nothing.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Perryg
Site Moderator

Post by Perryg »

Code: Select all

NIC 1 Settings: MTU: 0, Socket (send: 64, receive: 64), TCP Window (send:64, receive: 64)
NIC 1 Rule(0): name = AdminServer, protocol = tcp, host ip = , host port = 7001, guest ip = , guest port = 7001
NIC 1 Rule(1): name = BAM, protocol = tcp, host ip = , host port = 9001, guest ip = , guest port = 9001
NIC 1 Rule(2): name = DB Apex, protocol = tcp, host ip = , host port = 8080, guest ip = , guest port = 8080
NIC 1 Rule(3): name = DB Listener, protocol = tcp, host ip = , host port = 1521, guest ip = , guest port = 1521
NIC 1 Rule(4): name = JPD, protocol = tcp, host ip = , host port = 4000, guest ip = , guest port = 4000
NIC 1 Rule(5): name = OEP, protocol = tcp, host ip = , host port = 9002, guest ip = , guest port = 9002
NIC 1 Rule(6): name = SSH, protocol = tcp, host ip = , host port = 2222, guest ip = , guest port = 22
NIC 1 Rule(7): name = UCM, protocol = tcp, host ip = , host port = 16200, guest ip = , guest port = 16200
NIC 1 Rule(8): name = VNC, protocol = tcp, host ip = , host port = 5901, guest ip = , guest port = 5901
NIC 1 Rule(9): name = WC Collaboration, protocol = tcp, host ip = , host port = 8890, guest ip = , guest port = 8890
NIC 1 Rule(10): name = WC Spaces, protocol = tcp, host ip = , host port = 8888, guest ip = , guest port = 8888
That was taken from your settings file you posted. So if you didn't put them there I can only assume this is an image that someone else created. For that you would need to talk to the one that created this and see what needs to be done. I can also assume the image may have come from Oracle as I know they do provide them and you would need to contact them for your issue. But as you can see ( other guest that does work ) it is not a VirtualBox issue as I have been saying all along.
luks

Post by luks »

Yes you are correct i got the image from oracle.
Thanks!
luks

Post by luks »

i think i am coming back here again in hope to get some more input, i am not sure where on oracle forum i can get help ( if any body know it would be helpful )