No Internet connection from VirtualBox

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
garazigara
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Ubuntu

No Internet connection from VirtualBox

Post by garazigara »

Hello,

I am trying to connect to the Internet from VirtualBox but I cannot. After surfing both this forum and the Internet looking for solutions, I have not been able to solve the problem.
My host is Windows 7, while my Virtual Box is Ubuntu guest. My network adapter is attached to “Bridged Adapter” and I have tried to ping from the host to the Virtual machine and vice versa without any problem.

I was wondering if the problem could be related to the firewall. I am working in a company and they control the features of the firewall, so I cannot modify anything.

Thank you very much,

Garazi
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: No Internet connection from VirtualBox

Post by Perryg »

You can try setting the adapter to NAT and see, but if the company is actually controlling the access you would need their help in resolving this for Bridged.
If NAT works then you would need to add a second adapter set to host-only or use port forwarding in NAT.
garazigara
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Ubuntu

Re: No Internet connection from VirtualBox

Post by garazigara »

Hello,
Thanks for your help. I have tried switching it to NAT but it doesn't work yet...
Here you are my network configuration:

Adapter 1: Intel PRO/1000 MT Desktop (NAT)
Adapter 2: Intel PRO/1000 MT Desktop (Host-Only adapter, 'VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter')

The first one is related to "eth0" and the second one to "eth1". So after adding this second adapter, I have connected to "eth0" in order to access to the Internet, but it has not worked.

Thanks,

Garazi