is a palm tx sync in linux guest possible?

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
kerry

is a palm tx sync in linux guest possible?

Post by kerry »

I have a fairly new setup of Ubuntu7 on vbox 1.5 (with additions installed) in an xp pro sp2 host. I am trying to determine if it is possible to sync up my tx using jpilot in the host. I've installed jpilot etc, added the palm which is recognized via usb on vbox, and added the palm user to jpilot. I set the tx to synch locally via cable. At first when I pushed the sync button in jpilot, I was getting a 'no such file or dir' error but after following the directions here that error went away. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PalmDeviceSetup

Now when I start the sync in jpilot and push the sync button on the palm I get the 'connecting with the desktop using cradle/cable' and thats it. It appears that jpilot is still waiting for the connection with its 'Press the HotSync button now' message. The palm finally gives up with the 'connection could not be established error'. It doesn't appear that the palm and jpilot are able to talk to each other. I've googled till my fingers are raw and still am not sure this is even possible.

FWIW I am somewhat of a noob with linux. I grew up on dos, have setup a (working) mythtv box in fc6 and just started taking a linux system admin class at the local college. I know just enough of the command line to be dangerous but my goal is to become proficient enough in linux to drop windows altogether. Getting the palm to work is a pretty important piece of the puzzle if I am going to be able lose xp.

Anybody have any ideas?