Installing Guest Additions on Fedora 7

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
DalekClock

Installing Guest Additions on Fedora 7

Post by DalekClock »

I'm trying to install the Guest Additions on my Fedora 7 virtual machine. However, it requires that I install the "GNU Compiler". I don't know what this is, and it doesn't say anything about it in the manual. Which package should I install?
Last edited by DalekClock on 6. Sep 2007, 18:59, edited 2 times in total.
I'm in the high-fidelity, first-class traveling set and I think I need a lear jet.
frank
Oracle Corporation
Primary OS: Debian Sid
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows

Re: Installing Guest Additions on Fedora 7 requires GNU Comp

Post by frank »

DalekClock wrote:I'm trying to install the Guest Additions on my Fedora 7 virtual machine. However, it requires that I install the "GNU Compiler". I don't know what this is, and it doesn't say anything about it in the manual. Which package should I install?
The Guest Additions depend on two Linux kernel modules which have to be adapted to your guest Linux kernel. Since these are thousands of Linux kernels out these kernel modules have to be compiled by you, we can not ship a kernel module for every available kernel.

For Fedora 7 please install the packages gcc and kernel-devel. Please refer to section 2.2.2 of the user manual.
DalekClock

Post by DalekClock »

It still doesn't work. It asks me to install the "Kernel headers" and I'm unsure which package this means as I've already installed kernel-devel.
I'm in the high-fidelity, first-class traveling set and I think I need a lear jet.