Disable Mouse integration permanent

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
Vetinari77

Disable Mouse integration permanent

Post by Vetinari77 »

Hi

Got a Win 10 Host and Open Suse Leap 15.4 guest with KDE 5.24.4 desktop running with Virtual box 7 and installed guest additions over here. The guest is running fine, but I've got one problem: The Guest should use his own Keyboard and mouse which works fine when I disable the Mouse integration but the integration is always on again after a reboot. When the integration is on, the cursor of the Mouse which should be used in the guest is not visible. Has anyone an idea how to fix that, or how to disable mouse integration permanent?

What I've already tried:
VBoxManage setextradata VM-name GUI/MouseCapturePolicy mode Disabled
VBoxManage setextradata "VM name" GUI/MouseCapturePolicy Disabled
Vetinari77

Re: Disable Mouse integration permanent

Post by Vetinari77 »

Short Update:

It seems to be a problem related to Suse 15. I've testet it with an older Version (Suse 13) and everything is fine.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Vetinari77 wrote:It seems to be a problem related to Suse 15. I've testet it with an older Version (Suse 13) and everything is fine.
Are you saying that the OS flavor inside the VM influences whether Virtualbox on the host has Mouse integration turned on at reboot?

That's cracked up.... :shock:
Vetinari77

Post by Vetinari77 »

Seems to. At Suse 15 and Integration on the Mouse is only visible when I move the Mouse from the Host into the guest. The USB Mouse which is passed through into the VM has no visible cursor . When I switch off the integration, the cursor of the passed Mouse is visible and the Mouse works normal. Movement and clicks are working always. At Suse 13 I don't have those problems.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Vetinari77 wrote:the Mouse is only visible when I move the Mouse from the Host into the guest. The USB Mouse which is passed through into the VM has no visible cursor . When I switch off the integration, the cursor of the passed Mouse is visible and the Mouse works normal. Movement and clicks are working always.
OK, the OS inside the VM isn't actually turning off Mouse Integration, it's changing behavior within the VM and the mouse cursor. OK, the world is still stable. A VM OS actually altering how Virtualbox on the host works would be a major security issue.

The USB tablet setting allows some mouse integration without "Mouse Integration" being set on. If you try the PS/2 mouse setting you might get something more what you're used to.

Also, if the new OS is using Wayland and the old one is using X, that may be a difference. Also, the drivers used in the Slackware OS for the USB Tablet device simulated by Virtualbox may be different.