KDE Neon - network issue after upgrade

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
NA!
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows (XP, 7, 10), Linux

KDE Neon - network issue after upgrade

Post by NA! »

I have a VM with KDE Neon. I had installed this within the last 2 years. Recently i received a message from within the guest, saying that i should upgrade the OS to the latest version (22.04). I proceeded and the VM was upgraded successfully. After restarting, it loaded OK and i logged in to the OS. After a couple of minutes, i received a message saying that the network connection had limited connectivity. I played around a lot with it, i googled and tried several stuff without any success. Since i had taken a snapshot before the upgrade, i reverted and repeated the process once more. Unfortunately, the same result.

I assume this is a KDE Neon issue and not a VBox one, but just in case, i'm adding the logs here hoping that someone can take a look at them and see if there is anything fishy that could perhaps indicate a VBox issue.
Logs.zip
(157.03 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: KDE Neon - network issue after upgrade

Post by scottgus1 »

I don't see anything wrong, myself. The VM appears to be Bridged to the host "Realtek USB GbE Family Controller", and the "cable" is connected.

I'd have to agree that this a KDE problem inside the VM OS. I've seen Linux OS's not notice changes in the VM network (like going from Bridged to NAT; Windows gets switched up right away, no flame wars intended :D ). Maybe it's a similar situation?
NA!

Post by NA! »

Well, i had already created a bug report in KDE but i though of posting it here too, just in case. I don't expect something very soon but i hope someone will eventually look at it and find a solution.

Before the bug report though, i had tried whatever i could think of and found in the internet without any success. Anyway, keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks for taking a look scottgus1.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Have you tried taking the adapter in the VM down then up, inside the VM OS? There's some Linux command that can do this, I don't know what it is?
NA!

Post by NA! »

I tried changing its settings, giving it a static IP. I think this procedure restarts the networking system at the end (if i remember correctly). No luck though...