Ubuntu Linux 20.04 stuck on Black screen with Ubuntu Logo after boot

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
harald123
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux Mint 19 Tara

Ubuntu Linux 20.04 stuck on Black screen with Ubuntu Logo after boot

Post by harald123 »

Hi, I have a similar problem - randomly and rare it happens that after I come back to the machine and log on to the host, the virtual machine is black and I was using it before leaving the computer. I cannot reproduce it by will, but today it happened again and I have made a screenshot. It is Linux Mint guest and Windows 10 host. I have also searched on the web and from the suggestions I found I think settings are looking good.
Do you think it is the same issue as the one reported here, or should I open a new topic?
Thank you
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Ubuntu Linux 20.04 stuck on Black screen with Ubuntu Logo after boot

Post by scottgus1 »

New topic'd. :lol:

Start the VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log, zip it, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.
harald123
Guest OSses: Linux Mint 19 Tara

Re: Ubuntu Linux 20.04 stuck on Black screen with Ubuntu Logo after boot

Post by harald123 »

ok, will provide the logs when it happens again, this might take time as it is pretty rare. Meanwhile I read that somebody solved a similar behavior by setting two processors to the vm in the System - processors settings. Maybe it will not happen with this.