Ubuntu 21.10 crashes "emR3Debug: rc=VERR_NO_PAGE_MEMORY"

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
FarhanKhosravi

Ubuntu 21.10 crashes "emR3Debug: rc=VERR_NO_PAGE_MEMORY"

Post by FarhanKhosravi »

Hello
i am using last version of virtual box and Ubuntu on windows.
after updating my virtual machine to Ubuntu 21.10, the machine crashes after few minutes of running with "Guru" Error emR3Debug: rc=VERR_NO_PAGE_MEMORY...
this is my log file (site doesn't allow me to upload here, this is the link (add h,t,t,p,s): ufile.io/v1tg66ul )... please help
Thanks
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Ubuntu 21.10 crashes "emR3Debug: rc=VERR_NO_PAGE_MEMORY"

Post by scottgus1 »

Logs and pictures can be posted using the forum's Upload Attachment tab on the first day first post.

That error suggests the host did not have enough available RAM for the amount the VM is set to use.
FarhanKhosravi

Post by FarhanKhosravi »

scottgus1 wrote:Logs and pictures can be posted using the forum's Upload Attachment tab on the first day first post.

That error suggests the host did not have enough available RAM for the amount the VM is set to use.
oh yes, I attached file and picture now...
it has enough ram (3 gb), I've ran linux with 2gb ram many times without any problem. I think there's something else...
Attachments
VBox.png
VBox.png (116.63 KiB) Viewed 4306 times
VBox.log
(80.48 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

The posted log is the last half of the full log, which misses all the pertinent parts.

Start the VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log, zip it, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.