Could not mount the media/drive 'C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxGuestAdditions.iso' (VERR_PD

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
mawerty

Could not mount the media/drive 'C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxGuestAdditions.iso' (VERR_PD

Post by mawerty »

When trying to mount the guest add-on disc image I get this error: Could not mount the media/drive 'C:Program FilesOracleVirtualBoxVBoxGuestAdditions.iso' (VERR_PDM_MEDIA_LOCKED). On the machine where I am trying to mount the guest additions CD image I have Linux Mint 20.2-xfce-64bit installed . I have tried many solutions from the internet, however none have helped. If needed I can send screenshots or some files. How can I solve this problem?
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Could not mount the media/drive 'C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxGuestAdditions.iso' (VER

Post by mpack »

It means that a CD is already in the drive, and quite often that CD will be the GAs ISO that you already inserted. Most Linux APIs have a "force eject" option on the dialog in case you want to reload the tray anyway.

In future please type the error code into a Google search, e.g. search for "VERR_PDM_MEDIA_LOCKED site:forums.virtualbox.org". This would be especially productive as this question has been asked and answered MANY times before.