kali linux is not booting up. PLEASE HELP

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
vansh

kali linux is not booting up. PLEASE HELP

Post by vansh »

Please help me my kali is not booting up and I don't know what to do now I am feeling very helpless.
Yesterday night I installed mate environment on my kali and after installing it when I logged in to my root account the desktop screen was freezed and other everything like terminal and all were working fine than for solution I followed this site(the site link is inside the attachment) which ruined my whole night. Now my kali linux is not booting I'm literally crying please anyone help there is no suggestion on whole google and youtube.
My kali is showing this(link of the image is inside the attachment), the virtual machine is stuck at the logo
And I'm crying for it to be alright.
This is my kali's log file(I've given link inside attachment)
And this is kali's settings(image link inside attachment), and my host machine is windows 10.
please help me I'm feeling really lost because a lot of work was there in my linux and it's not booting up. Please help, Please.
Attachments
images and log.txt
(450 Bytes) Downloaded 527 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: kali linux is not booting up. PLEASE HELP

Post by scottgus1 »

Zipped logs fit.

Start the VM from full power off, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Please right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log, zip the log file, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.

Also, I understand your frustration, you really want this to work. However, there are solutions. Try to relax and see the whole picture. You only started last night, it won't take long to start over if something went wrong. Also, files can be got off the VM's drive if something important is in the VM.
vansh

Post by vansh »

Please help me out Please I'm really getting goosebumps. I don't know what to do. Please help me, please identify the problem.
Attachments
VBox.zip
Please help me.
(32.18 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
vansh

Post by vansh »

Hello I want to ask that is there any way to find out what file or what thing is corrupt which is stopping the VM to boot because I've accessed the VM files and folders but not getting what is wrong with which file. Please tell If there is any way to find.
fth0
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Post by fth0 »

I don't see any problem reported inside the VBox.log file. You could try setting Display > Screen > Video Memory to 128 MB, though, and see if it helps.

Other than that, the problem may originate from inside the guest OS, and you should investigate it as if it would happen on a physical PC.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

I also do not see any problems in the log. This is curious:
vansh wrote:Yesterday night I installed mate environment on my kali and after installing it when I logged in to my root account the desktop screen was freezed
Ubuntu-based OS's cannot start the desktop if the OS's disk runs out of space. Maybe Debian (Kali's base) does too? If so, you'll have to fix this via web-searching how using Debian's resources.

Like fth0 says, this problem is inside the VM's OS not in the Virtualbox hardware.

Or start over with a new VM and we can help you get files off the broken VM. Please start a new topic if you plan to start over and need help.