[Solved] No resolution selection Win VM running raspian

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
JoergH

[Solved] No resolution selection Win VM running raspian

Post by JoergH »

Hi everybody,

I installed the VM on Win10 and run a raspbian Linux on it - or better I try to do it.

I installed raspian and put the VBoxGuestAdditions into the Guestextensions, added pi as a User to vboxsf, rebootet, but still I can't change the resolution because the selector stays gray.

Any ideas?
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: No resolution selection Win VM running raspian

Post by mpack »

Please provide a VM log file. Make sure the VM is fully shut down, then right click it in the manager UI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.
JoergH

Post by JoergH »

Thank you for trying to help me with this problem. I found the mistake I made: I used the 64 Bit Version of Debian but den Extension Files are only running under 32 Bit. That caused both problems I described. Issue is resolved now I am only fighting with my Intenso SSD which doesn't want to run properly, causing extfs errors despite I check with fsck and fixed it.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

I'm glad you found a solution.

I must say however that I do not recognize it: VirtualBox Guest Additions should work with 32bit and with 64bit guests.

However, there may be something unusual about your guest OS distro.

Speaking of which, your question does not seem to concern your Windows host OS at all, therefore I don't see a reason to keep it in the "Windows Hosts" forum. I will move it to the "Linux Guests" forum.