Kali Linux and Ubuntu not working

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
Aug

Kali Linux and Ubuntu not working

Post by Aug »

Hello,
My name is Aug and I recently got VirtualBox because I was interested in learning Kali and wanted to use it via VirtualBox on my Windows 10 Desktop. When I try creating the machine, I am led to the Kali BIOS. I then hit "Graphical Install" but I am led to a black screen and I am stuck endlessly. I have already tried every method possible but I have hit a brick wall and do not know what to do. I enabled the Virtualization technology in my BIOS, and have even tried using VMware to further understand what the issue is. Surprisingly, Ubuntu and Kali work just fine via VMware but give me the same black screen response when I try to load them through VirtualBox. I have spent countless hours trying to figure this out on YouTube but have made no progress. Does anybody know what could be the issue?

Thank you.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Kali Linux and Ubuntu not working

Post by mpack »

The "host" is your physical PC OS. The guest is the OS running inside the VM. Your question concerns a Kali Linux guest and therefore does not belong in "Windows Guests". I will move the topic.

Also, when asking a support question, please always ensure to attach a zipped VM log. Make sure the VM is fully shut down, then right click it in the manager UI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.