New Export & Import Appliance Failure of Red Hat 9 / Rocky Linux 9 / Alma Linux 9 under VB 6.1.38

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
VikingWarrior

New Export & Import Appliance Failure of Red Hat 9 / Rocky Linux 9 / Alma Linux 9 under VB 6.1.38

Post by VikingWarrior »

Currently I am Running VirtualBox 6.1.38 (currently the latest as of 10/6/2022).

I've freshly installed Red Hat 9, Rocky Linux 9, and Alma Linux 9 in VirtualBox 6.1.38. After each is freshly installed, they boot and run fine from a fresh installation.

Now, I then performed a "Export Appliance" of each of the Linux Appliances (i.e. Red Hat 9, Rocky Linux 9, and Alma Linux 9) creating an OVA for each of the 3. The exports all complete successfully.

However, if I try to import any of the OVA's, none of the distros will boot and I find myself stuck in "emergency mode".
[2.411066] Warning: Unmaintained hardware is detected: e1000:100E:8086 @ 0000:00:03.0
[2.614886][drm:vmw_host printf [vmwgfx]] *ERROR* Failed to send host log message.
You are in emergency mode. After logging in, type "jounalctl -xb" to view
system logs, "systemctl reboot" to reboot, "systemctl default" or "exit"
to boot into default mode.
Give root password for maintenance
(or press Control-D to continue):
No matter what I do, I can't seem to export a valid Red Hat 9, Rocky Linux 9, or Alma Linux 9 appliance and import it back in without each failing to boot under VirtualBox 6.1.38.

Please advise.

Thanks!