Shared Clipboard VERR_INTERNAL_ERROR and Shared Folders does not work

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
JohnnyKRK

Shared Clipboard VERR_INTERNAL_ERROR and Shared Folders does not work

Post by JohnnyKRK »

Hello,
I have VirtualBox version 6.1.18 r142142 installed on my Windows 10 computer.
On that I am running Ubuntu 16.04 Mate 4.4.0-209-generic #241. I have also installed the VBox Guest Additions VBox_GAs_6.1.187.
Unfortunately when I start ubuntu my shared folder and my share clipboard does not work (I set Bidirectional in advanced settings).
I do not see my shared folder at the mount point there is no /media/sf_...... folder.
I got only the error popups (with VERR_INTERNAL_ERROR and VERR_GENERAL_FAILURE) like in the attached screenshot.
Additionally the screenshot contains info from VboxInstallation and /ver/log/vboxadd-setup.log.

When I kill and restart VBoxClient manually I got following error:
killall VBoxClient
VboxClient --clipboard -d
Shared Clipboard: Unabled to connect to host service, rc=VERR INTERNAL ERROR
Error connecting to host service, rc=VERR_INTERNAL_ERROR
Service terminated abnormally with VERR_INTERNAL_ERROR
Running service failed: VERR_INTERNAL_ERROR

Until now I tried several things for example from:
askubuntu vboxclient-seamless-failed-to-start-stage-setting-guest-irq-filter-mask-err
or
youtube channel RoelVandePaar

at least they helped to mount the vbox addins disk without any problem.
Dkms and other stuff seems to be up to date.
For example when I run dkms installation I got
dkms is already the newest version (2.2.0.3-2ubuntu11.8).
the same for build-essential 12.1ubuntu2.

Any help will be very appreciated.
Attachments
Ubuntu16_04_4.4.0-209.jpg
Ubuntu16_04_4.4.0-209.jpg (122.18 KiB) Viewed 2818 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Shared Clipboard VERR_INTERNAL_ERROR and Shared Folders does not work

Post by scottgus1 »

Official Virtualbox from www.virtualbox.org does not use dkms anymore in the main program or Guest Additions. The Linux forks of Virtualbox & GAs may still use dkms, but we don't support the forks here.

Double-check you did the prerequisites in the manual:
https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch02. ... nux-prereq

and the Guest Additions install in the manual:
https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch04. ... ions-linux

If these do not help, please start the VM from full power off, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Then right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log and the next tab over (the hardening log), zip both files, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.
JohnnyKRK

Post by JohnnyKRK »

Please find the logs attached.
Thanks for the hints. I checked and I believe that all prerequisites are fulfilled

I executed again the:
root@ubuntu1604:/home/user#/sbin/rcvboxadd setup

After that I checked the log:
root@ubuntu1604:/home/user# cat /var/log/vboxadd-setup.log
It contained more info:

Code: Select all

Building the main Guest Additions 6.1.18 module for kernel 4.4.0-209-generic.
Building the shared folder support module.
Error building the module.  Build output follows.
make V=1 CONFIG_MODULE_SIG= CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_ALL= -C /lib/modules/4.4.0-209-generic/build M=/tmp/vbox.0 SRCROOT=/tmp/vbox.0 -j4 modules
make[1]: warning: -jN forced in submake: disabling jobserver mode.
test -e include/generated/autoconf.h -a -e include/config/auto.conf || (                \
echo >&2;                                                       \
echo >&2 "  ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid.";           \
echo >&2 "         include/generated/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are missing.";\
echo >&2 "         Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it.";      \
echo >&2 ;                                                      \
/bin/false)
mkdir -p /tmp/vbox.0/.tmp_versions ; rm -f /tmp/vbox.0/.tmp_versions/*
make -f ./scripts/Makefile.build obj=/tmp/vbox.0
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/.vfsmod.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include  -I./arch/x86/include -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated  -Iinclude -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -Iinclude/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -Iubuntu/include  -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -maccumulate-outgoing-args -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mrecord-mcount -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-array-bounds -Wno-stringop-overflow -Wno-restrict -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Wno-declaration-after-statement -fno-pie -include /tmp/vbox.0//include/VBox/VBoxGuestMangling.h -fshort-wchar -I./include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_WITHOUT_PRAGMA_ONCE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HGCM -DIN_MODULE -DIN_GUEST -DIN_GUEST_R0 -DRT_NO_EXPORT_SYMBOL -DVBOX_WITH_64_BITS_GUESTS -DRT_ARCH_AMD64  -DMODULE  -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(vfsmod)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(vboxsf)" -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/.tmp_vfsmod.o /tmp/vbox.0/vfsmod.c
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/.dirops.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include  -I./arch/x86/include -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated  -Iinclude -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -Iinclude/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -Iubuntu/include  -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -maccumulate-outgoing-args -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mrecord-mcount -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-array-bounds -Wno-stringop-overflow -Wno-restrict -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Wno-declaration-after-statement -fno-pie -include /tmp/vbox.0//include/VBox/VBoxGuestMangling.h -fshort-wchar -I./include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_WITHOUT_PRAGMA_ONCE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HGCM -DIN_MODULE -DIN_GUEST -DIN_GUEST_R0 -DRT_NO_EXPORT_SYMBOL -DVBOX_WITH_64_BITS_GUESTS -DRT_ARCH_AMD64  -DMODULE  -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(dirops)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(vboxsf)" -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/.tmp_dirops.o /tmp/vbox.0/dirops.c
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/.lnkops.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include  -I./arch/x86/include -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated  -Iinclude -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -Iinclude/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -Iubuntu/include  -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -maccumulate-outgoing-args -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mrecord-mcount -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-array-bounds -Wno-stringop-overflow -Wno-restrict -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Wno-declaration-after-statement -fno-pie -include /tmp/vbox.0//include/VBox/VBoxGuestMangling.h -fshort-wchar -I./include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_WITHOUT_PRAGMA_ONCE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HGCM -DIN_MODULE -DIN_GUEST -DIN_GUEST_R0 -DRT_NO_EXPORT_SYMBOL -DVBOX_WITH_64_BITS_GUESTS -DRT_ARCH_AMD64  -DMODULE  -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(lnkops)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(vboxsf)" -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/.tmp_lnkops.o /tmp/vbox.0/lnkops.c
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/.regops.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include  -I./arch/x86/include -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated  -Iinclude -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -Iinclude/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -Iubuntu/include  -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -maccumulate-outgoing-args -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mrecord-mcount -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-array-bounds -Wno-stringop-overflow -Wno-restrict -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Wno-declaration-after-statement -fno-pie -include /tmp/vbox.0//include/VBox/VBoxGuestMangling.h -fshort-wchar -I./include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_WITHOUT_PRAGMA_ONCE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HGCM -DIN_MODULE -DIN_GUEST -DIN_GUEST_R0 -DRT_NO_EXPORT_SYMBOL -DVBOX_WITH_64_BITS_GUESTS -DRT_ARCH_AMD64  -DMODULE  -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(regops)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(vboxsf)" -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/.tmp_regops.o /tmp/vbox.0/regops.c
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/.utils.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include  -I./arch/x86/include -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated  -Iinclude -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -Iinclude/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -Iubuntu/include  -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -maccumulate-outgoing-args -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mrecord-mcount -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-array-bounds -Wno-stringop-overflow -Wno-restrict -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Wno-declaration-after-statement -fno-pie -include /tmp/vbox.0//include/VBox/VBoxGuestMangling.h -fshort-wchar -I./include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_WITHOUT_PRAGMA_ONCE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HGCM -DIN_MODULE -DIN_GUEST -DIN_GUEST_R0 -DRT_NO_EXPORT_SYMBOL -DVBOX_WITH_64_BITS_GUESTS -DRT_ARCH_AMD64  -DMODULE  -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(utils)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(vboxsf)" -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/.tmp_utils.o /tmp/vbox.0/utils.c
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/.VBoxGuestR0LibGenericRequest.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include  -I./arch/x86/include -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated  -Iinclude -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -Iinclude/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -Iubuntu/include  -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -maccumulate-outgoing-args -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mrecord-mcount -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-array-bounds -Wno-stringop-overflow -Wno-restrict -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Wno-declaration-after-statement -fno-pie -include /tmp/vbox.0//include/VBox/VBoxGuestMangling.h -fshort-wchar -I./include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_WITHOUT_PRAGMA_ONCE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HGCM -DIN_MODULE -DIN_GUEST -DIN_GUEST_R0 -DRT_NO_EXPORT_SYMBOL -DVBOX_WITH_64_BITS_GUESTS -DRT_ARCH_AMD64  -DMODULE  -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(VBoxGuestR0LibGenericRequest)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(vboxsf)" -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/.tmp_VBoxGuestR0LibGenericRequest.o /tmp/vbox.0/VBoxGuestR0LibGenericRequest.c
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/.VBoxGuestR0LibHGCM.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include  -I./arch/x86/include -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated  -Iinclude -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -Iinclude/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -Iubuntu/include  -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -maccumulate-outgoing-args -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mrecord-mcount -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-array-bounds -Wno-stringop-overflow -Wno-restrict -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Wno-declaration-after-statement -fno-pie -include /tmp/vbox.0//include/VBox/VBoxGuestMangling.h -fshort-wchar -I./include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_WITHOUT_PRAGMA_ONCE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HGCM -DIN_MODULE -DIN_GUEST -DIN_GUEST_R0 -DRT_NO_EXPORT_SYMBOL -DVBOX_WITH_64_BITS_GUESTS -DRT_ARCH_AMD64  -DMODULE  -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(VBoxGuestR0LibHGCM)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(vboxsf)" -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/.tmp_VBoxGuestR0LibHGCM.o /tmp/vbox.0/VBoxGuestR0LibHGCM.c
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/.VBoxGuestR0LibIdc.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include  -I./arch/x86/include -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated  -Iinclude -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -Iinclude/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -Iubuntu/include  -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -maccumulate-outgoing-args -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mrecord-mcount -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-array-bounds -Wno-stringop-overflow -Wno-restrict -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Wno-declaration-after-statement -fno-pie -include /tmp/vbox.0//include/VBox/VBoxGuestMangling.h -fshort-wchar -I./include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_WITHOUT_PRAGMA_ONCE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HGCM -DIN_MODULE -DIN_GUEST -DIN_GUEST_R0 -DRT_NO_EXPORT_SYMBOL -DVBOX_WITH_64_BITS_GUESTS -DRT_ARCH_AMD64  -DMODULE  -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(VBoxGuestR0LibIdc)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(vboxsf)" -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/.tmp_VBoxGuestR0LibIdc.o /tmp/vbox.0/VBoxGuestR0LibIdc.c
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/.VBoxGuestR0LibIdc-unix.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include  -I./arch/x86/include -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated  -Iinclude -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -Iinclude/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -Iubuntu/include  -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -maccumulate-outgoing-args -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mrecord-mcount -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-array-bounds -Wno-stringop-overflow -Wno-restrict -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Wno-declaration-after-statement -fno-pie -include /tmp/vbox.0//include/VBox/VBoxGuestMangling.h -fshort-wchar -I./include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_WITHOUT_PRAGMA_ONCE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HGCM -DIN_MODULE -DIN_GUEST -DIN_GUEST_R0 -DRT_NO_EXPORT_SYMBOL -DVBOX_WITH_64_BITS_GUESTS -DRT_ARCH_AMD64  -DMODULE  -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(VBoxGuestR0LibIdc_unix)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(vboxsf)" -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/.tmp_VBoxGuestR0LibIdc-unix.o /tmp/vbox.0/VBoxGuestR0LibIdc-unix.c
/tmp/vbox.0/utils.c: In function ‘vbsf_inode_setattr’:
/tmp/vbox.0/utils.c:811:10: error: implicit declaration of function ‘inode_change_ok’; did you mean ‘inode_congested’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
     rc = inode_change_ok(pInode, iattr);
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          inode_congested
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/.VBoxGuestR0LibInit.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include  -I./arch/x86/include -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated  -Iinclude -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -Iinclude/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -Iubuntu/include  -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -maccumulate-outgoing-args -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mrecord-mcount -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-array-bounds -Wno-stringop-overflow -Wno-restrict -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Wno-declaration-after-statement -fno-pie -include /tmp/vbox.0//include/VBox/VBoxGuestMangling.h -fshort-wchar -I./include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_WITHOUT_PRAGMA_ONCE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HGCM -DIN_MODULE -DIN_GUEST -DIN_GUEST_R0 -DRT_NO_EXPORT_SYMBOL -DVBOX_WITH_64_BITS_GUESTS -DRT_ARCH_AMD64  -DMODULE  -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(VBoxGuestR0LibInit)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(vboxsf)" -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/.tmp_VBoxGuestR0LibInit.o /tmp/vbox.0/VBoxGuestR0LibInit.c
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/.VBoxGuestR0LibPhysHeap.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include  -I./arch/x86/include -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated  -Iinclude -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -Iinclude/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -Iubuntu/include  -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -maccumulate-outgoing-args -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mrecord-mcount -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-array-bounds -Wno-stringop-overflow -Wno-restrict -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Wno-declaration-after-statement -fno-pie -include /tmp/vbox.0//include/VBox/VBoxGuestMangling.h -fshort-wchar -I./include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_WITHOUT_PRAGMA_ONCE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HGCM -DIN_MODULE -DIN_GUEST -DIN_GUEST_R0 -DRT_NO_EXPORT_SYMBOL -DVBOX_WITH_64_BITS_GUESTS -DRT_ARCH_AMD64  -DMODULE  -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(VBoxGuestR0LibPhysHeap)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(vboxsf)" -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/.tmp_VBoxGuestR0LibPhysHeap.o /tmp/vbox.0/VBoxGuestR0LibPhysHeap.c
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/.VBoxGuestR0LibSharedFolders.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include  -I./arch/x86/include -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated  -Iinclude -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -Iinclude/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -Iubuntu/include  -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -maccumulate-outgoing-args -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mrecord-mcount -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-array-bounds -Wno-stringop-overflow -Wno-restrict -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Wno-declaration-after-statement -fno-pie -include /tmp/vbox.0//include/VBox/VBoxGuestMangling.h -fshort-wchar -I./include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_WITHOUT_PRAGMA_ONCE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HGCM -DIN_MODULE -DIN_GUEST -DIN_GUEST_R0 -DRT_NO_EXPORT_SYMBOL -DVBOX_WITH_64_BITS_GUESTS -DRT_ARCH_AMD64  -DMODULE  -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(VBoxGuestR0LibSharedFolders)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(vboxsf)" -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/.tmp_VBoxGuestR0LibSharedFolders.o /tmp/vbox.0/VBoxGuestR0LibSharedFolders.c
(cat /dev/null;   echo kernel//tmp/vbox.0/vboxsf.ko;) > /tmp/vbox.0/modules.order
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
scripts/Makefile.build:288: recipe for target '/tmp/vbox.0/utils.o' failed
make[2]: *** [/tmp/vbox.0/utils.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Makefile:1472: recipe for target '_module_/tmp/vbox.0' failed
make[1]: *** [_module_/tmp/vbox.0] Error 2
/tmp/vbox.0/Makefile-footer.gmk:117: recipe for target 'vboxsf' failed
make: *** [vboxsf] Error 2
Installing X.Org Server 1.18 modules
You may need to restart the Window System (or just restart the guest system)
to enable the Guest Additions.

VBoxClient: info: Try 'VBoxClient --help' for more information

I found this post about similar error:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/992342/ ... is-invalid

sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade
sudo apt install build-essential module-assistant dkms
sudo m-a prepare

again

root@ubuntu1604:/home/user# /media/user/VBox_GAs_6.1.187/./VBoxLinuxAdditions.run
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing VirtualBox 6.1.18 Guest Additions for Linux........
VirtualBox Guest Additions installer
Removing installed version 6.1.18 of VirtualBox Guest Additions...
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.4.0-209-generic
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.4.0-210-generic
Copying additional installer modules ...
Installing additional modules ...
VirtualBox Guest Additions: Starting.
VirtualBox Guest Additions: Building the VirtualBox Guest Additions kernel
modules. This may take a while.
VirtualBox Guest Additions: To build modules for other installed kernels, run
VirtualBox Guest Additions: /sbin/rcvboxadd quicksetup <version>
VirtualBox Guest Additions: or
VirtualBox Guest Additions: /sbin/rcvboxadd quicksetup all
VirtualBox Guest Additions: Building the modules for kernel 4.4.0-209-generic.

VirtualBox Guest Additions: Look at /var/log/vboxadd-setup.log to find out what
went wrong
VirtualBox Guest Additions: Running kernel modules will not be replaced until
the system is restarted
root@ubuntu1604:/home/user# cat /var/log/vboxadd-setup.log
Installing X.Org Server 1.18 modules
VBoxClient: info: Try 'VBoxClient --help' for more information

I run again:
root@ubuntu1604:/home/user# /sbin/rcvboxadd setup

but it still contains error:
ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid

Now this is my system information:
user@ubuntu1604:~$ uname -a
Linux ubuntu1604 4.4.0-210-generic #242-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 16 09:57:56 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Attachments
VBOX_LOG.zip
(117.7 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Last edited by JohnnyKRK on 23. Apr 2021, 07:37, edited 1 time in total.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

The setup of the VM seems OK, though I'd go with just two processors not 4, until I had parallel-processing software in the VM that can use the extra cores: more cores makes the VM slower, due to extra scheduling oversight on the host.

The VM still has old 5.1.38_Ubuntu forked Guest Additions installed.

This is repeated ad infinitum in the log:
00:01:23.367090 VMMDev: Guest Log: VGDrvCommonIoCtl: Unknown request iFunction=0xc020560a stripped size=0xc000560a
00:01:23.367169 VMMDev: Guest Log: VGDrvCommonIoCtl: Unknown request iFunction=0x5609 stripped size=0xc0005609
00:01:23.375716 VMMDev: Guest Log: VGDrvCommonIoCtl: Unknown request iFunction=0xc3a05602 stripped size=0xc0005602
00:01:23.375796 VMMDev: Guest Log: VGDrvCommonIoCtl: Unknown request iFunction=0x5609 stripped size=0xc0005609
I have no idea what these mean, though. Something strange going on. We'll need a guru on this one.
JohnnyKRK

Post by JohnnyKRK »

Hi,
thanks for the hint with 2 cores.

I think partially solved the issue thanks to the phrase you have found in the log error:
VGDrvCommonIoCtl: Unknown request iFunction=0x5609 stripped size=0xc0005609
I searched for this phrase in google and I found this page:
https://github.com/NixOS/nixops/issues/908

additionally I searched for how to reinstall virtualbox-guest-dkms and virtualbox-guest-utils and found
https://askubuntu.com/questions/22743/h ... tualbox-vm

First I checked the status of virtualbox:
user@ubuntu1604:~$ systemctl status virtualbox
virtualbox-guest-utils.service virtualbox.service
user@ubuntu1604:~$ systemctl status virtualbox-guest-utils.service
● virtualbox-guest-utils.service - Virtualbox guest utils
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/virtualbox-guest-utils.service; enabled;
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2021-04-21 19:30:09 CEST; 4min 3
Process: 851 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/virtualbox-guest-utils start (code=exited,

After that I try to reinstall:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall virtualbox-guest-dkms
sudo apt-get install --reinstall virtualbox-guest-utils

then I did reboot

It did not help but status of virtualbox was now OK

then I run again the VBoxLinuxAdditions.run
/media/user/VBox_GAs_6.1.187/

and reboot
but it did not help

and finally I run
sudo apt-get install --reinstall virtualbox-guest-x11

and reboot
after that bidirectional clipboard is working fine and pop ups with errors (VERR_INTERNAL_ERROR etc.) were gone.

The windows shared folder is not mount automatically but I can mount it manually:
sudo mount -t vboxsf NAME_OF_UBUNTU_DISK_IN_VBOX_SETTINGS /media/sf_UBUNTU_DISK

So the issue is solved.

Thank you.