windows content does not show while dragging (ubuntu guest)

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
aboud

windows content does not show while dragging (ubuntu guest)

Post by aboud »

Hello,

windows content does not show while dragging (ubuntu desktop 16.04 guest / windows 10 host)
how to fix ?

thanks
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: windows content does not show while dragging (ubuntu guest)

Post by socratis »

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Could you elaborate? What content? What are you dragging? See the Minimum information needed for assistance. And give us some more details... A lot more details...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
aboud

Post by aboud »

Thank you for the replay,

I'm using Virtualbox version 5.2.5
Guest Machine: ubuntu 16.04.3 desktop
Host machine: win10

the issue
I'm logged to my ubuntu desktop guest machine, and for example I open Mozilla Firefox, I get a new window in the GUI, now if I move the firefox browser window around, the content of the window will not show until I let go of the mouse. Basically the content of the window will be shaded while movement.
how to allow content of windows to be shown while moving it in the desktop.
Attachments
VirtualBox_ubuntu 16.04.3 desktop_22_02_2018_11_57_42.jpg
VirtualBox_ubuntu 16.04.3 desktop_22_02_2018_11_57_42.jpg (126.19 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Oh, now I get it! Thanks for the pic, it made it crystal clear...
Well, in the Minimum information needed for assistance link, it talks about a log. We're going to need to see a VM log from a complete VM run:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe error / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
But I believe this is an Ubuntu issue due to not enough "resources". Something that the log might show us...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.