A critical error has occurred

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Vadzola

A critical error has occurred

Post by Vadzola »

Hello,

Can you please help me, I'm receiving an error: "Critical error has occured..." when trying to install Kali linux on Virtual Box. I am using 5.1.28 VBox, 2GB RAM are assigned to virtual machine, and trying to install 32-bit Kali. Any clues? I've also enabled PAE/NX in VBox.
Attachments
Vbox logs.rar
Attached log along with png file
(59.59 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
ChipMcK
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, OSX

Re: A critical error has occurred

Post by ChipMcK »

Aahhh, is this out of place ??
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Most definitely this is out of place! I didn't even realize that users could post in the "Howtos and Tutorials" area. I will talk with the admins on Monday to address the issue. Moving to "Windows Hosts".
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

00:00:01.423528 HM: HMR3Init: Falling back to raw-mode: VT-x is not available
00:00:01.857714 Full Name: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz"
You need to enable VT-x for this VM to work. Your i7-7500U CPU supports VT-x, so it's a matter of enabling it in the BIOS and making sure that nothing else has an exclusive hold on the VT-x.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.