macOS 10.14.6 .cdr Keep Booting in Single User Mode

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
alvin777

macOS 10.14.6 .cdr Keep Booting in Single User Mode

Post by alvin777 »

Hi. I can't install macOS 10.14.6 because Virtualbox 6.0.12 w/ the latest extensions, keep booting the 10.14.6 .cdr to single user mode.
How do I make it boot normally?

Thank you.
Have a great day.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: macOS 10.14.6 .cdr Keep Booting in Single User Mode

Post by socratis »

Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
alvin777

Post by alvin777 »

Hi, thanks. The .cdr was made using Disk Utility and Terminal.

The Install Mojave.app was first "burned" into a USB external drive (like a flash drive) using Apple's way using the Terminal and then using Disk Utility
(File-New Image - image from Install Mojave then Master/CD was chosen as the format). The external USB, to be sure was first formatted to HFS+
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Yeah... not sure if that would work. Just follow the instructions in the link that I gave you in my previous post.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.