Cannot expand partition of macOS Sierra 10.12 in VirtualBox

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
Virtualboxer228

Cannot expand partition of macOS Sierra 10.12 in VirtualBox

Post by Virtualboxer228 »

Hello! I recently installed Sierra 10.12 in VirtualBox and didn't allocate enough disk space for it. Now I'm trying to expand disk partition with Gparted utility: I created new VM that is of type Mac OS X, mounted iso Gparted file to IDE controller and vdi file of my macOS to SATA controller. After that I started it and got Gparted window. When I choose to expand some partition (I have 3:dev/sda1(EFI), dev/sda2(VirtualBoxDisk (my macOS partition, that I intend to increase)) and dev/sda3(Recovery HD)), right to that there's some unallocated space, the slider doesn't move to the right and I cannot set amount of new space to this partition more than already set in the box.

What should I do to expand my partition? Thanks in advance.
Attachments
screen1.PNG
screen1.PNG (55.95 KiB) Viewed 892 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Cannot expand partition of macOS Sierra 10.12 in VirtualBox

Post by socratis »

You have already another topic locked because you're running a Hackintosh. Trust me, the 3rd time will result in a ban from the forums. You have been warned.

Moving to "OSX Guests" from "Windows Hosts".
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.