Installing Guest Additions on Mac

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
PTP23

Installing Guest Additions on Mac

Post by PTP23 »

Step 4 from the Manual:
In the Virtual Media Manager, select the ISO file and click Select button. This mounts the ISO file and presents it to your Windows guest as a CD-ROM.

There is no "Select" button in the Virtual Media Manager, as shown in screenshot.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 2.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 2.jpg (20.69 KiB) Viewed 1204 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Installing Guest Additions on Mac

Post by socratis »

You shouldn't need to select the ISO, you're doing it the wrong way!

With the VM window having the focus, go to the host's menu "Devices" » "Insert Guest Additions CD Image...". Run "VBoxDarwinAdditions.pkg".
PTP23 wrote:Step 4 from the Manual:
I noticed that there's no OSX/Darwin specific section for the GAs. Understandable, since they were just added with version 6.0.0. On the to-do list... ;)

Moving to the "OSX Guests" from the "OSX Hosts" area. In there you'll notice a sticky, "OSX GAs (VBoxDarwinAdditions.pkg): what is working.". You'll notice in the big, red, bold letters that the GAs are currently broken. But do read it, so you'll know what to expect or not...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
PTP23

Re: Installing Guest Additions on Mac

Post by PTP23 »

Okay thanks.