MacOS bootstick on a freebsd virtualbox

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
miranda78
Primary OS: FreeBSD
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: debian, arch, gentoo, temple os...

MacOS bootstick on a freebsd virtualbox

Post by miranda78 »

did all portsnap auto, make install clean with virtualbox-ose, virtualbox-kmod, virtualbox-ose-additions. There is no extension pack for the virtual machine available for our 5.2.30 r130462.

Having bought a nice bootstick with OS X Maverick on it and want to use it on a Dell Vostro 3775 with the USB enable function. what I get is the usual
Result Code:
NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
running 13.0 CURRENT with new source and "updated" kernel.

not even tried to mount the hfs partition, can make iso and convert into dmg? but chance to a successful boot? and no hackintosh shit and no windows! Maybe you could have an actual linux distribution if strictly necessary. And I'm not doing the Box-In-A-Box-In-A-Box-* thing with my debian guest.

When I kldload the vboxvfs.ko it looks like the attached file... with double fsck -y to recover...

someone able to help?

Miranda
Attachments
core.txt
crash log
(102.55 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: MacOS bootstick on a freebsd virtualbox

Post by socratis »

miranda78 wrote:want to use it on a Dell Vostro 3775
miranda78 wrote:and no hackintosh shit and no windows!
But no Apple hardware either.

There's a sticky on each area of the forums, OSX guests on non-Apple hardware. Read it...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.