Cannot start Mac OS High Sierra guest on Windows Host

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
devalarino

Cannot start Mac OS High Sierra guest on Windows Host

Post by devalarino »

Sorry to have to ask.
host is Windows XP running on Omen Laptop 8gig, 1TB Intel I7
quest is Mac OX 10.13 Final
Running Oracle VBox 6.04

Worked my way through having to enable virtualisation at the bios level on the laptop. Changed versions of the guest ;Sierra, Mojave, high Sierra with varying errors. Current guest version is 10.13 Sierra 64 bit from "Geekrar". Out of my depth install stops @
"Waiting for DSMOS
busy timeout " .
Install freezes at this point, have left install overnight just in case it's just slow. Can provide further install printouts .

Thanks to anyone who replies. Can't even attach the log file, i'm that unless.
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: Cannot start Mac OS High Sierra guest on Windows Host

Post by andyp73 »

You are trying to run a macOS guest (aka a Hackintosh) under a Windows host on non-Apple hardware. This is not supported and is also a violation of Apple's End User License Agreement (EULA). More details can be found at: Important notice regarding Mac OS X as Guest.

Had you searched around the forums you would have seen that there are many similar threads all of which end up in the same state - locked and consigned to oblivion. Yours will be sent the same way the next time a site admin / mod passes by.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.