Virtual Box virtualization with Vaio

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
Pan Lvnae

Virtual Box virtualization with Vaio

Post by Pan Lvnae »

Hello. I'm new here, I'm so noob, I'm not programmer or anything, but I need some help, I hope this is the right place to post this. I have a Vaio VGN FW260FE, I know, really old, and I'm trying to install Snow Leopard with Virtualbox using this tutorial htt ps: //www .youtube. com /watch ? v=G_8F8O1OPLE (without spaces), it's in spanish, but you can understand it very well by watching what's he's doing, I bet is easier for you. The problem is that when I get to 6:28, I can not make anything to continue, it's like if the Virtualbox does not recognize the mouse, I think it could be a virtualization enable problem, I tried but my Bios doesn ' I have the option, I tried to update my Bios but my computer does not allow it. I would really appreciate if someone helps me.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Virtual Box virtualization with Vaio

Post by socratis »

OSX guests are only supported on Apple hardware (which you do not have). See: Important notice regarding Mac OS X as Guest.

Also, consider changing your favorite internet search engine. There should be plenty of results about this issue on these forums (all of them locked, hoping that someone will get the hint), but the search engine you're using now, does not seem to return any results for some reason.

Moving to "OSX Guests" from "Windows Guests".
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.