Guest OS Snow Leopard Host OS Sierra

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
Swiftly

Guest OS Snow Leopard Host OS Sierra

Post by Swiftly »

Hello All i am a novice on virtual box to make a long story short I work for a school, We have a teacher wanting to run a game called spore from 2007 that runs on XP or leopard. Well flash forward we now have late 2015 Macbook Air's running sierra i installed spore and tried to run it on OS X mavericks game still would not run so now i am trying snow leopard i found a download VIA a website created the .iso and it boots to the setup but when i click install i receive a message saying Mac os can't be installed on this computer. Now i have done some google searching and have read that due to the hardware check is why i am receiving this error and seen some terminal commands to run to try and fool it but for some reason i can not get the terminal to open during setup phase any help would be greatly appreciated thanks! Advice or possible fixes to make this run!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Guest OS Snow Leopard Host OS Sierra

Post by socratis »

Swiftly wrote:i am trying snow leopard i found a download VIA a website created the .iso and it boots to the setup
Unless the website in question is Apple (https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MC57 ... ow-leopard), all bets are off. If you have the official 10.6 DVD we can continue this talk...

The reason? Most 3rd party websites involve not the real thing, but what's called a Hackintosh, a version hacked so that it can run on generic PCs, not Apple-made.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Swiftly

Re: Guest OS Snow Leopard Host OS Sierra

Post by Swiftly »

Okay Thanks! make's sense