iPhone not detected

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
Cédric Lnx

iPhone not detected

Post by Cédric Lnx »

Hi, i have a virtual box with mac OS high Sierra on my windows PC.
I can use USB device correctly but my iPhone is not recognized.
I explain: XCode and itunes just not detect it, the photos app see an iphone but don't see photos
At about this mac> USB i can see my iPhone
i preise my iphone don t charge too once virtualbox is started.

Before i used a software like USB Network Creator i can share on network my iphone from a windows PC and use it on my virtual mac as it was pluged directly without problem.Unfortenetly this softwre cost abouit 150 dollars... and trial version is expired.

Why this macOS don t recognize my iPhone ? Plz help me
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: iPhone not detected

Post by socratis »

Cédric Lnx wrote:Hi, i have a virtual box with mac OS high Sierra on my windows PC.
OSX guests are only supported on Apple hardware (which you do not seem to have). See: Important notice regarding Mac OS X as Guest.

In the really rare case (0.001%) that this is actually an Apple computer, in which you have installed Windows, and you're trying to boot a legitimate OSX guest and not a Hackintosh, send me a PM and I'll remedy the situation. Be prepared to provide evidence in such a case.

Also, consider changing your favorite internet search engine. There should be plenty of results about this issue on these forums (all of them locked, hoping that someone will get the hint), but the search engine you're using now, does not seem to return any results for some reason.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Cédric Lnx

MacOS don't recognize iPhone

Post by Cédric Lnx »

Hi, i have a virtual box with mac OS high Sierra on my windows PC.
I can use USB device correctly but my iPhone is not recognized.
I explain: XCode and itunes just not detect it, the photos app see an iphone but don't see photos
At about this mac> USB i can see my iPhone
i preise my iphone don t charge too once virtualbox is started.

Before i used a software like USB Network Creator i can share on network my iphone from a windows PC and use it on my virtual mac as it was pluged directly without problem.Unfortenetly this softwre cost abouit 150 dollars... and trial version is expired.

Why this macOS don t recognize my iPhone ? Plz help me
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: MacOS don't recognize iPhone

Post by socratis »

This is the 2nd time that I'm locking your thread (threads merged), after I answered to a PM from you. I seriously don't know what's keeping me from banning you altogether!

One more message, either public or private about a Hackintosh installation, and you're banned for good. Are we clear? Crystal clear?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.