HELP! "A critical error occured while running the virtual machine"

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
goodenergy293

HELP! "A critical error occured while running the virtual machine"

Post by goodenergy293 »

Hi community. I really need some help. My MacOS VM has decided out of the blue and for no apparent reason to stop walking. I did not think it was a big deal because I always backup the data but I have now learned my backup did not include a critical keypair file required to sync a pair-locked iOS devices. I am really in trouble so any help here would be SO appreciated!

My computer is a MacBook Pro and it's running the latest version of high sierra.

I had to zip the file because it exceeded the 128kb limit.

Any help from any kind strangers I would be so grateful.
Attachments
VBox.log.zip
(55.64 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: HELP! "A critical error occured while running the virtual machine"

Post by socratis »

Where did this VM come from?
How did you create the install media?
How did you install it?
What version of OSX is this VM?
What changed between running and crashing?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
goodenergy293

Post by goodenergy293 »

Dear Socrates,

1. The VM has always been in the same place since it was birthed - on my MacBook HDD. It has never moved.
2. I used a well known vagrant distribution to install it and get it setup. I have used it successfully for a few months. I have one other instance (same base) which continues to work.
3. Vagrant.
4. Vagrant.
5. It is OSX 10.12.6
6. Nothing memorable I can note. I just turned it on one day and it stopped working. I use the VM just to manage multiple iOS devices with Apple Configurator. It has worked just fine up until now. I wish i could offer more insight as to why this has occurred i am really perplexed.

I hope my answers are useful. Let me know anything else I can do.

Gracias.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

There are several signs that this is not a normal OSX guest, but it's a Hackintosh. As such, I can't provide any support at all I'm afraid. You are on a Mac, what are you doing running a Hackintosh?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.