OS X never booting

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
Phil W

OS X never booting

Post by Phil W »

I have tried multiple times to make an OS X VM but it always spurts out an error. Once it was the guru error, but now i get this error and i have no idea what it could be, my linux and windows machines have always worked fine.

NtCreateFile(\Device\VBoxDrvStub)failed: 0xc000000e STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE (124 retries) (rc=-101)

I have typed in ;
cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\"

VBoxManage.exe modifyvm [Mod edit: removed command]
VBoxManage setextradata "VM Name" [Mod edit: removed command]

which worked fine, but it just won't boot. It has what i would call "normal" settings, 4096mbs ram, 100gbs or storage and 128mbs of vram.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: OS X never booting

Post by socratis »

Phil W wrote:cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\"
You do not have an OSX Host, you have a Windows Host, and unfortunately OSX guests are only supported on Apple hardware (which you do not have). See: Mac OS X guest on a Windows Host.

In the really rare case (0.001%) that this is actually an Apple computer in which you have installed Windows, and you're trying to boot a legitimate OSX guest and not a Hackintosh, send me a PM and I'll remedy the situation. Be prepared to provide evidence in such a case.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.