Switch between Apps on MacOS Guest, MacBook Air with MacOS Sierra Host, VirtualBox

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
joseluisbz
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, macOS, CentOS

Switch between Apps on MacOS Guest, MacBook Air with MacOS Sierra Host, VirtualBox

Post by joseluisbz »

Hi,

I have a MacBook Air with MacOS Sierra 10.12.3

I installed MacOS Sierra 10.12 like Guest.

I can't using Trackpad to switch between applications on my Guest.

I want to configure the Key, to switch between applications on MacOS Sierra.

I have like Guest Windows 10 and CentOS 7, and they works perfectly with ALT+TAB, but with MacOS doesn't works!

NOTE: I was finding on Google.

How Can I configure to switch between Apps on my Guest MacOS?
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Switch between Apps on MacOS Guest, MacBook Air with MacOS Sierra Host, VirtualBox

Post by socratis »

joseluisbz wrote:I can't using Trackpad to switch between applications on my Guest.
What do you mean? I'm not sure this is a VirtualBox question.
joseluisbz wrote:I want to configure the Key, to switch between applications on MacOS Sierra.
What "key" and are you talking about the host or the guest? And I'm not sure that's a VirtualBox question either.
joseluisbz wrote:I have like Guest Windows 10 and CentOS 7, and they works perfectly with ALT+TAB, but with MacOS doesn't works!
Yes, because the default "Switch Apps" is Alt-Tab in Win10 and CentOS, but it's Cmd-Tab in OSX.
joseluisbz wrote:How Can I configure to switch between Apps on my Guest MacOS?
I believe that's where the confusion comes from, the default HostKey. You can change it in the preferences. See: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=60715
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
joseluisbz
Guest OSses: Windows, macOS, CentOS

Re: Switch between Apps on MacOS Guest, MacBook Air with MacOS Sierra Host, VirtualBox

Post by joseluisbz »

Sorry!

If you have a post indicating how configure VirtualBox, to do visible Trackpad to MacOS Guest.

With the Key, I want to says (Key Combination), I know for Windows and CentOS is Alt + Tab works, but for MacOS Cmd + Tab.

Thank you.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

joseluisbz wrote:If you have a post indicating how configure VirtualBox, to do visible Trackpad to MacOS Guest.
If I "translate" this correctly, you're asking how to make an OSX guest use your trackpad. Unfortunately you can't. Just look at the guest's System Preferences. You don't have a trackpad item, or if you do, it says "Trackpad not found".

There is an option that you can change, VM Settings » System » Pointing Device : USB Multi-Touch Tablet, but I don't know how it affects OSX guests. I did not see any difference...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
dixita
Primary OS: PCLinuxOS
VBox Version: OSE Mandriva
Guest OSses: Linux

Post by dixita »

Hello.. i have my own mac apk but i posted as a guest.. just want to know how to switch this on guest????
Last edited by dixita on 23. Mar 2017, 13:19, edited 1 time in total.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

@dixita
I'm not sure I understand the question. If you don't speak English natively, post the question in your language and we can use Google translate (https://translate.google.com/).