No output devices on Sierra.

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
alsaaa

No output devices on Sierra.

Post by alsaaa »

When I host macOS Sierra on VB there is no sound and no output devices, I don't know how to fix it.

Some info:
VB: Version 5.1.12 r112440 (Qt5.6.2)
My OS: Windows 10 (64 bit)
macOS version: macOS Sierra 10.12

I know this is not enough, but what info will you guys need?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: No output devices on Sierra.

Post by socratis »

With the VM shut down completely (not paused or saved), right-click on the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log". Save the "VBox.log" (just the first one), ZIP it and attach it in your response (see the "Upload attachment" at the bottom of the form).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
alsaaa

Post by alsaaa »

Here it is.
Attachments
VBox.zip
(29.43 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

00:00:18.237666 DMI Product Name: MS-7984
00:00:18.302530 File system of 'C:\macOS Sierra 10.12 Files\macOS Sierra 10.12 by wikigain.vmdk' is ntfs
OSX installs are only supported on Apple hardware. See: Important notice regarding Mac OS X as Guest.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.