Installation Failed error Mac OS Sierra

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
HandyMcJob

Installation Failed error Mac OS Sierra

Post by HandyMcJob »

So I've been having this very frequent error when I try to install Virtualbox on my mac. To keep it short, I've tried pretty much anything I can think of to get this to work. In the beginning, it downloads normally until I get to"Validating Packages", afterwards, it says "The installer encountered an error that caused the installer to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance." That's my next plan but I would like not to have to if anyone knows any good fixes for this issue. I'm fairly new to mac so I might've missed something important. It's for work so I'd like to have it solved asap if any moderators are on rn.

Thanks.
Attachments
Screenshot of the error
Screenshot of the error
Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 10.02.44 AM.png (117.26 KiB) Viewed 2708 times
HandyMcJob

Re: Installation Failed error Mac OS Sierra

Post by HandyMcJob »

Forget what I said about it being Mac OS Sierra, it's not it's 10.11.6 El Capitan
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

HandyMcJob wrote:To keep it short, I've tried pretty much anything I can think of to get this to work.
Yes, keeping it short and to the point is nice. But you're way, way too short. You told us absolutely nothing about the method that you tried, the system you're on, how you managed to get to this point, or frankly anything.
HandyMcJob wrote:Contact the software manufacturer for assistance." That's my next plan but I would like not to have to if anyone knows any good fixes for this issue.
I don't think you're going to get too much help from Oracle, unless you have a contract. I think that you'd know it if you had a contract; they start at around 5K$.
HandyMcJob wrote:It's for work so I'd like to have it solved asap if any moderators are on rn.
Why moderators specifically? Any user would do. Moderators are VirtualBox users after all. Experienced users, yes, but that's as far as their "affiliation" with VirtualBox goes. Unless under their name on the right says "Oracle corporation". (PS. what does "on the rn" mean?)

Now, to your problem:
  1. Once you start the installer package, press Cmd-L to show the installer log window.
  2. Choose to "Show All Logs" from the detail level drop-down list.
  3. Before you finalize the installation, due to error or not, click "Save" on the installer log window.
  4. ZIP it and attach it to your reply (see the "Upload attachment" at the bottom of the form).

Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

I assume that it means "right now", i.e. "if any moderators are on right now".
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Aha! Thanks Don. I figured it declared some sort of urgency (from the "asap" part), I didn't quite understand the demand for it...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.