Mac OS X Guest on Windows Host Error

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
ironphoenix20

Mac OS X Guest on Windows Host Error

Post by ironphoenix20 »

I followed all the steps on the TechReviews guide to "Install macOS Sierra 10.12 on Windows PC on VirtualBox (Download links)" on youtube. Everything worked up until the final step when I pressed Start on virtual box. Rather than going to macOS Sierra, an error box popped up. I have even tried starting with mac os x instead of mac os x el capitan and reentering the command prompts. Nothing helped. How do I fix this error? Here is what is on the Error Box:

VirtualBox- Guru Meditation
A critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine and the machine execution has been stopped.
For help, please see the Community section on "this website"(I couldn't post the link here.) or your support contract. Please provide the contents of the log file VBox.log and the image file VBox.png, which you can find in the "one of my folders where the virtual box file is stored" 10.12 Sierra\Logs directory, as well as a description of what you were doing when this error happened. Note that you can also access the above files by selecting Show Log from the Machine menu of the main VirtualBox window.
Press OK if you want to power off the machine or press Ignore if you want to leave it as is for debugging. Please note that debugging requires special knowledge and tools, so it is recommended to press OK now.
ironphoenix20

Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: Mac OS X Guest on Windows Host Error

Post by Perryg »