VirtualBox-5.0.24-108355-OSX-3.dmg stuck at Verifying "VirtualBox.pkg"...

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
MacVBUser

VirtualBox-5.0.24-108355-OSX-3.dmg stuck at Verifying "VirtualBox.pkg"...

Post by MacVBUser »

Hello,

I am currently running VirtualBox Version 5.0.20 r106931 on MAC OS X El Capitan version 10.11.5. I am an Admin level user on this Mac. When I launched this version of VirtualBox I was notified that there is a new version available and was provided the option to download VirtualBox-5.0.24-108355-OSX-3.dmg. The download completes successfully and the size of the disk image is 89.942.533 bytes.

I launch the DMG and get the Opening and Verifying message and I get to the screen with the 4 Items for this new version of VirtualBox. I then double-click on the icon VirtualBox.pkg which results in a window that says
Verifying "VirtualBox.pkg"...
. From here the installer seems to be stuck. I have let this Verifying run the entire night and no change.
Screenshot Verifying hang
Screenshot Verifying hang
Untitled2.jpg (33.15 KiB) Viewed 2093 times
I have tried downloading again using the link provided. I have tried downloading by going directly to virtual box dot org and downloading from the downloads. I have tried running the installer both with the older VirtualBox running and not running concurrently. All option result in the same Verifying hanging...

Is there an issue with this installer? I should not be required to do anything else other than double click the icon....that is how it has worked for all other updated that I have installed personally for the last 2 years on this same laptop.

Thanks,
MacVBUser
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VirtualBox-5.0.24-108355-OSX-3.dmg stuck at Verifying "VirtualBox.pkg"...

Post by socratis »

Please see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=77122
Locking this one.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.