Unable to install El Capitan

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
Mike9876

Unable to install El Capitan

Post by Mike9876 »

Hello, I am new to Virtual Box. I am trying to install Mac OS X 10.11. After setting it up I get an error and it won't boot. The log file is too big to attach. (218k). Please reply with how to install my copy of El Capitan. Thanks
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Unable to install El Capitan

Post by mpack »

We can't do anything without a log file. It will attach just fine if you compress it first.
rpmurray
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Windows 7, Mac OS X (various flavors)

Post by rpmurray »

Right-click (or control-click) on the log file in the Finder and select Compress from the menu.
Mike9876

Post by Mike9876 »

Hi, me again...I compressed the file but it still doesn't work. It doesn't show any change in file size. I went into the settings and unchecked the box "Enable EFI." Now my Mac Box boots to the Oracle splash screen (it didn't make it that far before.) Then I get the error: Fatal: No bootable media found! System halted. I changed this setting because my Linux Box (from before creating Mac Box) wasn't working. Any ideas? I will continue to try to compress the log and post it here.
Mike9876

Post by Mike9876 »

Hi, I read into the error I was receiving and found I needed a bootable image. I downloaded Power Iso and tried making the vmdk file into a bootable iso. I succeeded making a file but it is an ".iso.daa". I just want the iso to put in the optical drive to boot and install Mac OS X. Can anyone find me an bootable iso? Or does this sound similar to anyone?
Mike9876

Post by Mike9876 »

I'll try to split the attachment in two and post it in two messages. Please look over it and find the problem. Thanks
Attachments
VBox.zip
(46.54 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
Last edited by mpack on 6. Jun 2016, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replace three part attachment with single zip.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.