Unable To Update El Capitan From 10.1 To 10.11.5

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
Skullzrulerz

Unable To Update El Capitan From 10.1 To 10.11.5

Post by Skullzrulerz »

Hey Guys I Am Having A Proleum With VirtualBox V 5 On my Windows 10.

So i downloaded the El Capitan ISO/VMDK File Set it up nicely with firstly around 7000mb Base Memory And 2 Processors To Start with so after setting it up onto the main screen and so on i download the update to 10.11.5 via the mac app store ( Not sure what is called ) It was around 3mb a sec,it also had itunes 12.4 some El Capitan recover thing 1.0 and some photo update.

After downloading all 4 of them it asks me the restart the pc ( Virtual Box ) And does so fine and it starts instilling the update till around 25%-30% With around 20mins left it starts the freeze and i had no choose but to force shut down my pc. Later on i try it again i also lower the base memory to around 5500-6000MB and still with 2 Processors
This time it's better so till around halfway through the update it then all of the sudden says "Restarting" Below the bar. Then the VM starts to reboot then i get a error? Becuase it shut down so quickly i couldn't read it all in time but soon i did after rebooting it a few times and suddenly shuts down. It comes up with
"The Volume El Capitan Retail BY Techreviews Could not be verified completely "
Then it comes up with a two to with a "Local Host" and Also with <Emergency> Two times then it stops the CPU and then it just back onto the start of my Virtualbox.

Please Help Me Since I Have No Idea What To Do :(
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: Unable To Update El Capitan From 10.1 To 10.11.5

Post by Perryg »