Yosemite Upgrade-No DNS Service

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
jsalaska

Yosemite Upgrade-No DNS Service

Post by jsalaska »

I upgraded my server from Maverick to Yosemite (10.10.5). I downloaded the new server app (4.1.5) and installed. After the server installation I get an error prompt stating "Creating default group error. Domain:com,apple.servermgr_accounts Code:1000". I click continue and complete the installation.

Everything on the server works great except for DNS. The computer & host name, users, IP address and other data appears to have migrated into the app from the original installation. When I slide the DNS button to "On" it immediately turns itself off again. When I try to turn DNS on the console gives me the following info:

9/4/15 9:40:28.251 AM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.system) Could not import service from caller: caller = smd.251, service = org.isc.named, error = 119: Service is disabled

I have reinstalled the operating system twice and the server app three times. I've even deleted the server folder from the library before reinstalling the app. The server was working fine with the Maverick OS X.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?