Passing Command-R to the booting OSX guest

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
23Ro

Re: Passing Command-R to the booting OSX guest

Post by 23Ro »

Sry for bringing up this topic again but currently this keeps me from working properly with my VM.

@DDS: Your suggestion is basically doing the same as the manual way, and I have the same result via the hand-on-dirty method, as well as with booting via the mounted iso file.

My Problem is that the boot process into the recovery console crashes/comes to a halt situation without any error message at the point after imageboot_mount_image...
More precisely it stops doing anything and just says VM Swap Subsystem is ON.

Does anyone experience a similar problem? I have no idea how to solve this and I need to deactivate SIP on the VM.

Any hint, idea or solution is super highly appreciated.

Thank you.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

You'd need to explain in detail the steps that you're taking, what's the "manual way", what's the "hand-on-dirty-method" and most importantly post a VBox.log (zipped) after you've encountered the crash. Right-click on the VM, Show Log, save it, zip it, attach it.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
23Ro

Post by 23Ro »

By manual/dirty method I was referring to the F12 --> Boot Manager --> boot.efi load way which is basically the same as rEFInd, just done by hand --> thus hands on dirty :D

However, I managed to find a way without disabling the SIP for my task. Still it would be nice to be able to boot through to the recovery and disable it.

I will post a logfile later as the machine is currently running and in use for xcode project simulation.

Thank you a lot :)