Mavericks server guest on Mavericks/Apple hardware

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
james reynolds

Re: Mavericks server guest on Mavericks/Apple hardware

Post by james reynolds »

I just installed OS X Server 3.1.2 and it doesn't make a difference. I'll start looking at the Mac OS X Host discussion. Edit: I installed server on the host.
james reynolds

Post by james reynolds »

I just tried booting off of a 10.6 installer DVD and it works. So it must be something with my 10.9 image that I made.

Is there a way I can copy the OS files into a VDI? Say like with Carbon Copy Cloner or something like that? I don't really need to run the installer since I've already got the OS. I just don't know how to get the OS into the VDI.

I'm unsure if I should to start a new thread on the Mac OS X host discussion board.
ChipMcK
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, OSX

Post by ChipMcK »

ChipMcK wrote:
james reynolds wrote:I'm using an iMac with Mac OS X Mavericks (client).

When creating a new guest I have the option to select Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (64 bit) but I have searched like crazy but I can't find any legit instructions for installing 10.9 Server guests. The 10.9 installer is an app. I've found instructions for digging into the 10.9 install app and making an ISO and I tried that and it boots but hangs and doesn't finish booting up.

Are there any instructions for making a 10.9 server guest for people using Apple hardware and OS? Do I need to be running OS X Server on the host?
Perhaps this How to install OS X on VirtualBox
or this one Running OS X on VirtualBox