VirtualBox VM Not Responding, repeatedly won't launch Win 7

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
Katie648

VirtualBox VM Not Responding, repeatedly won't launch Win 7

Post by Katie648 »

I just installed VirtualBox a few days ago and am running Windows 7 64bit with it. I installed a few programs on the VM and have gotten it up and running to use the Windows programs I need (Atlas.ti). I have only run Atlas.ti and have not used any other features of the VM.

I've used the VM maybe 3 times. It has been working fine -- sometimes it takes a couple times to get started up but worked great the last time I used it. I did fiddle with a couple of the settings on memory and execution cap to try and get my system running a bit better, but I've since un-done those changes.

I am not running any other programs on my computer and have shut down the VM many, many times, and the computer once as well. The VM basically refuses to start. Sometimes it will go through to the Oracle screen and begin to initiate Windows, sometimes it won't get that far and freezes almost immediately.

Are there any tips to get this VM up and running? At the very least I'd like to start it again so I can pull my data off it!
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: VirtualBox VM Not Responding, repeatedly won't launch Wi

Post by Perryg »

Post the guests log file (as an attachment)
See Online Users Manual for the location of the file.