Roadmap for multiple CPUs and Guest Additions

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
mlb5000
Primary OS: MS Windows Vista
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Ubuntu,OS X,XP

Roadmap for multiple CPUs and Guest Additions

Post by mlb5000 »

It may be that no one here is able to comment, but are there any projections for when we can expect guest additions and support for multiple CPUs on Mac OS X Server guests to be added? Being able to extend multiple CPUs would definitely help performance.

Thanks
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: Roadmap for multiple CPUs and Guest Additions

Post by Perryg »

Sorry. There has never been and as far as I know never will be a roadmap for projects.
I know they are working on these issues, but it is very delicate work and they will release it as soon as they are sure it will not trash your system.
Add to that if you are not running on MAC hardware it more than likely will never work. Please read http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=31104
mlb5000

Post by mlb5000 »

Thanks, I just figured I'd ask. I know I'll get it when it's stable and that's fine with me :). Yes I know non-macs are unsupported, I run Virtualbox on both Mac and Windows hosts, the primary one of which is Windows (hence Windows being selected in my profile).

Thanks
mlb5000

Post by mlb5000 »

Keep up the good work by the way. Virtualbox rocks the socks off VMWare. The $0 price tag for end users is also a nice bonus.