Mac OS X server SL don't start

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
alone
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: MAC server

Mac OS X server SL don't start

Post by alone »

Hi,

I have a Mac book pro core i5 2.4Ghz, no option.

I try to create a Mac server SL virtual machine.
the problem is that the VM never start, i can't even see the virtualbox boot screen. Everything stay blocked on a black screen (no HDD or CD activity)...
I try on an "old" mac book (core 2 duo) with the same virtualbox version 3.2.6 and the same install DVD of MAC SL Server: everything is OK...
So I try to import this installed machine on my Macbook pro: import is OK but same thing. The VM don't boot at all...

Have you any idea?

PS: Other OS: Linux, Seven are OK. problem are limited to Mas guest machine...
tuffguy45

Re: Mac OS X server SL don't start

Post by tuffguy45 »

Can you do a screen capture of what you are seeing? I'm not 100% sure what you are describing...
alone
Guest OSses: MAC server

Post by alone »

It is very easy :)
In both the cases, as soon i start the virtual machine a black window with the title of the VW appears and...that's all :(

With other OS or on anther Mac I have the same thing but very quickly after the black appears the virtualbox logo and the VM boot normally.

In my case, only the black screen, as a cmd prompt under windows but without a "c:>"...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

once the black windows (guest OS window) open, it's blocked. I only can close the window...
feral.and.abberrant
Guest OSses: Ubuntu_x64, Win7, WinXP, OSX_Snow_Leopard, OSX_Leopard, OSX_Tiger

Post by feral.and.abberrant »

I'm currently experiencing the same symptoms. When I reboot the guest into x64 bit mode, I can then boot the guest slightly farther, but it reports that it cannot find the 'mach_kernel.mkext' and then kernel panics. ( Having the host in 32 or 64 bit mode, does not appear to matter. )

I'm booting the guest from an OSX Server 10.6 iso.

My host system is a Core i7 MacBookPro6,2, running VirtualBox Version 3.2.8 r64453

My other host system is a MacPro4,1 running VirtualBox Version 3.2.0 r61806 - and this system has no problem installing OSX Server Snow Leopard, from this ISO.

I've already tried uninstalling VBox 3.2.8 and installing 3.2.0 from the same .dmg file that was used to install VBox on the MacPro, and it didn't resolve the problem - so I'm assuming that the issue is related to my MacBookPro's ACPI or EFI....

I've included my VBox.log and some screen shots...

Any suggestions?

( I apologies if this is the wrong forum to submit this information - I didn't see any bug reports along these lines, so I decided to post here first... )

cheers,

m i k e
Attachments
and after a while it ends like this :-(
and after a while it ends like this :-(
Screen shot 2010-08-31 at 11.09.18 AM.png (73.09 KiB) Viewed 15343 times
the guest starts like this...
the guest starts like this...
Screen shot 2010-08-31 at 11.05.35 AM.png (17.42 KiB) Viewed 15342 times
VBox.log
(64.65 KiB) Downloaded 625 times