Mac OS X guest

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
Technologov
Volunteer

Post by Technologov »

Disable ACPI only in VBox. Not in your PC.
davels

Post by davels »

Technologov wrote:Disable ACPI only in VBox. Not in your PC.
I do it, but I still have an ACPI problem at startup :/
VT enable (with E8400), ACPI disable and parameter in boot "platform=x86pc"

The version of Mac OS X than I use allow to be installed in VmWare (I do it on my computer) so I suppose I have the good one, am I right?
thomashome

AMD Intel?

Post by thomashome »

You can get a guide on youtube that tells you how to dual boot xp and OSX! :) But it does require some software that I tryed putting on my laptop directly (WinVista) and my OS on the OS Selector did not show up (The GUI on the program did look very XP like)! But when I put in the vista disk that showed up with the correct logo and that was strange and evil! :twisted: But anyway I restored my laptop then I tryed using virtual machines on my Linux Only pc (It's only a AMD Morgan!) I followed the guide but :x I WAS ON A TRIAL :x I knew that I had to get a bittorrent for it but then it came on me MORGAN only has SSE not 2 or 3 so kaboom with that :?. I am now onto the stage where I am thinking about downloading ADDS full though BT on my virtual XP (On my laptop)and then running it as full then following the guide to mac heaven this is what I am hoping to do
1/1/2.get 100gb xp on my laptop!
1.Get full ADDS
2.Follow guide to mac heaven
I will keep you updated! :P
Technologov
Volunteer

Post by Technologov »

davels: You will need "Deadmoo's OS/X" to work with VBox as guest.

thomashome: As always, there is more than one way to lay a cat :)

The program you need is a bootloader. The Free GRUB (part of Linux OS) can do this, although it requires knowledge.
davels

Post by davels »

Technologov wrote:davels: You will need "Deadmoo's OS/X" to work with VBox as guest.
How can I know it's the Deadmoo's version?
I use it ton install it in a VmWare session and it works.
Technologov
Volunteer

Post by Technologov »

Deadmoo's OS/X is preinstalled & hacked VMDK image. It has username : "deadmoo". Try to logout/login. You will know if it's deadmoo's or not.
davels

Post by davels »

Technologov wrote:Deadmoo's OS/X is preinstalled & hacked VMDK image. It has username : "deadmoo". Try to logout/login. You will know if it's deadmoo's or not.
I just test it in VmWare and I don't think it's the Deadmoo's version cause I need to create my own user at startup first time.
Thx for your help, I will search for Deadmoo's version :)
thomashome

Post by thomashome »

I had no look guys I have used everything but a more legal way to go is to get xp home, download flyakiteOSX, then that could be counted as mac in a window! But emulation wise it's not real so NO! But linux users can download MOL and PearPC but... I CANNOT GET EITHER OF THEM TO WORK!! MOL seems like it has been deserted and pearpc well I have not boverd about it so I was wondering if you know any linux programs that might work! :idea: NO VMWARE :!:
MuffinFlavored

Post by MuffinFlavored »

Is there any update on Mac OS X support since there is now experimental PAE support?

I can not get Kalyway 10.5.1 or iATKOS 2.0 to boot successfully.
They boot, but then crash before even seeking a hard disk.
h1d
Volunteer

Post by h1d »

Hello moderators?

Can't believe the thread is just keep on going without a warn, closing it or deleting irrelevant posts.
Don't tell me Sun wants these guys to test it...
S.SubZero
Volunteer

Post by S.SubZero »

I guess until someone actually gets it working, there's no foul.
h1d
Volunteer

Post by h1d »

Let's ban the nukes after one uses it. And all these illegal copy of OS X information?
History500

Post by History500 »

This should be legal if you buy the dvd and rights to mac os x, but if you download a free version, it is illegal.
Technologov
Volunteer

Post by Technologov »

plus if you run it on Apple hardware.

Like this: you buy Apple hardware, remove Mac OS X (so now you have 1 spare license), install Windows or Linux, install VirtualBox, then install Mac OS X on top with the 1 license you have.

Technically speaking you run 1 Mac OS X license for 1 user on 1 Apple computer. :) :) :)

-Technologov
mjc

Post by mjc »

Technologov wrote:plus if you run it on Apple hardware.
is this really needed?
has this actually been tested in court yet?
it not, then it isn't illegal yet, judges strike conditions in contracts alot