Screen Resize Ventura Guest

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
toffer96

Screen Resize Ventura Guest

Post by toffer96 »

I am trying to get a guest macOS Ventura Version 13 box (running vbox 7.0.8) to change resolution, it will only run the default of 1024 x 768. My understanding is that Ventura will not run Guest Additions in Ventura, at least not without a ton of headaches. I've tried just about everything I could find for this, with no luck. Has anyone found anything that works?
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Screen Resize Ventura Guest

Post by scottgus1 »

Start the VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show in Explorer/Finder/File Manager. In the "Logs" subfolder, zip the VM's "vbox.log", and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab. (Configure your host OS to show all extensions so you can find the "vbox.log", not "vbox.log.1", etc.)
toffer96

Post by toffer96 »

Not sure what you mean by that. There's no error, I'm just not able to set screen resolutions. It may not BE fixable without Guest Additions, I don't know.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Meant what I said. Please provide the log.